POLL RESULTS: the winner and an exciting announcement! - The Hollywood Mag

POLL RESULTS: the winner and an exciting announcement!

feat

The votes are in! We closed the poll, and we have a winnerCarmilla Karnstein & Laura Hollis are officially the most popular lady loving ship on the Internet!
creampuffs

Image credit: Tumblr/negovanmann

CONGRATULATIONS CREAMPUFFS! Over 92,000 votes were cast and in the end Hollstein fans came out on top. A total of 39,596 votes were in favour of Carmilla Series, only 517 more than the ever-popular Orphan Black television show. poll Our poll was up for over a week, but Hollstein wasn’t always in the lead. Cosima Niehaus and Delphine Cormier (Orphan Black) were leading for a while and Beca Mitchell and Chloe Beale (Pitch Perfect) were also winning for a bit. But in all, Carmilla Karnstein and Laura Hollis are the most popular. It definitely helps that the official Carmilla Series peeps shared our poll on Tumblr, Twitter, and Facebook. Their sponsor, U by Kotex, also shared it and got even more fans to vote. The last hour of the poll was nerve-wracking. Cophine fans were pushing hard to win and we thought they were going to make a comeback, but the Creampuffs held their ground. The fun doesn’t stop here though, watch our video to see our exciting announcement! Creampuffs, we’re rewarding you. Thank you to all the fans from all the different fandoms who came out to participate in this interactive poll — it’s been a crazy week. Orphan Black, Carmilla, Orange Is The New Black, Rizzoli and Isles, Pitch Perfect, The Hunger Games and Faking It are very fortunate to have such strong fanbases. Because without viewership and passionate people like yourselves, these shows wouldn’t be what they are.
Click

TheHollywoodMag brings you entertainment news and fun stories

6 Comments

1. anna

July 10, 2015 at 3:53 pm

GJ Creampuffs! Can’t wait for the interviews as well. Cophine was definitely my next favorite canon ship on the list.

2. Olivia

July 10, 2015 at 4:21 pm

That’s great! I finally binge-watched the series last week, and I love it.

I’m not a fangirl, not on Tumblr or Facebook, I’m in my 30s and even I voted for Carmilla. Why? Because as a lesbian woman, it was either Cophine or Carmilla as far as respectful representation is concerned. I chose Carmilla over Cophine because of the feeling the cast gives me on and off the show (yes, I binge-watched more than the episodes lol).

I LOVE Tatiana Maslany and I would have voted for Cophine if Carmilla wasn’t running. But these joyous, funny, respectful ladies won me over!

It may be a web series but it does far better in terms of representation in their few minutes format than the majority of TV and movies these days. I’m tired of qeerbaiting, even more tired of the obligatory male in the middle, and too old to keep waiting week after week for nothing in the end (or downright be punched in the face with offensive stuff). I for one know what I’d spend my money on given the choice. This is why I’d rather give money to crowdfunded projects than buying dvds from big studios that don’t care about people like me. The latter have more than enough people giving them time and money.

I hope Carmilla keeps being this great because I thoroughly enjoy it (not just Hollstein; La Fontaine and Perry crack me up SO much!)

• TheHollywoodMag

July 13, 2015 at 11:48 am

We also believe quality representation is important — for both women in general and the queer community. The folks over at Carmilla have done a great job getting this right while providing good entertainment for its viewers. Thanks for sharing, Olivia!

PS, we spent a lot of the time torn between Cophine and Hollstein throughout the poll as well (and Bechloe — because that fandom has some of the best fan fictions out there)

3. Nardragon

July 10, 2015 at 4:36 pm

So close, but we came out on top creampuffs! Those interviews are gonna be good.

4. Jess

October 14, 2015 at 8:46 am

Hey! When the interview is gonna happen? ??

• Jamie Dalgetty