Lena Dunham is our Health At Every Size goddess — celebs that jog - The Hollywood Mag

Lena Dunham is our Health At Every Size goddess — celebs that jog

reese Reese Witherspoon No jogging gallery is complete without this die-hard! Witherspoon is ultra hardcore when it comes to hoofing it like a champ!

Ashley Spegel has been writing all the words as a part-time, Toronto-based freelance writer since 2008, following her graduation from Ryerson’s School of Journalism. With a strong passion for written communication, she has been spreading the good word through various online media, touching on a wide range of topics including celebrity gossip, health and beauty and citywide events.

7 Comments

1. Dave Webber

July 31, 2015 at 9:02 am

“YOU CAN THANK THE WHITE MALE MACHINE FOR THAT!”
    Nice racism, we’re all taking your article seriously now.

• TheHollywoodMag

July 31, 2015 at 10:46 am

Wait, where’s the racism? The patriarch was built and supported by white males that created all kinds of social standards that oppress women (and people of colour). This ‘ideal’ beauty standard is just an example of one of the results.

2. Webber

July 31, 2015 at 9:07 am

That girl is not healthy, and this writer is racist. Good job.

• Ashley Spegel

July 31, 2015 at 11:37 am

Hi Webber,

I’m sorry you think I’m being racist by referring to white men as white. Referring to an individual by the colour of their skin is not racist, it’s a fact. And it’s white men who control the vast majority of the media and consumer culture that the Western world partakes in. This is not racism, this is a fact.

Your comment on Lena Dunham’s health status is invalid because you don’t have access to her medical records, nor do I. The point of my article is to demonstrate that everyone can be healthy regardless of their body type. From my understanding, you think Lena is “not healthy” because she doesn’t conform to what society deems healthy, which is a thin body type. As I’ve expressed in my article, body shape is not a good representation of health. Instead, positive markers for health include regular physical activity and healthy eating patterns. Lena Dunham is exemplifying of one of these markers.

It’s clear that you’re worked up after reading my article. I suggest you calm down, re-read what I’ve written so you can properly grasp the premise of it and, if you feel the need, come back with an argument that has a factual basis.

Thank you for reading The Hollywood Mag!

• Webber

July 31, 2015 at 6:22 pm

As a black man (yes Webber is my slave name thank you very much), I think I’m pretty good at sniffing out racism. “YOU CAN THANK THE WHITE MALE MACHINE FOR THAT” is no different than saying “Gang crime is up (You can thank the black male machine for that).

Further it is obvious to anyone with half a brain that women are way way more critical of the bodies of other women. They also create and consume the majority of female targeted media which, you guessed it, creates these damaging stereotypes.

Finally, yes she had some extra pounds, I personally enjoy that on a woman, but also recognize that it is unhealthy to be carrying around extra weight.

Just because the bar for obesity has been raised doesn’t meant the bar for a healthy body has. HAES is a load of BS and propagating that is damaging to society at large.

• Crawford

August 10, 2015 at 9:15 am

Hmmmm..is it Webber M.D.? You can’t diagnose health by looking at a picture. You might also use your dictionary and look up the word racism. What she said may be considered derogatory but not racist.

3. TheHollywoodMag